Getting charged with DUI can be a very stressful experience, one that comes with the lose of many personal freedoms. Losing freedoms isn’t bad enough, DUI carries a stigma that brings on embarrassment and public ridicule, not to mention even more serious backlash, like losing your job.
Because DUI or DWI is treated as a major criminal offense in most states, it’s a situation that comes with potential life-changing ramifications.
Hiring a DUI lawyer becomes a almost mandatory in order to save many areas of your life from collapsing like a deck of cards. A trained aggressive DUI/DWI attorney can in fact, make a terrible situation very palletable. But it’s essential to ask immediately following the charge.
So why is it essential to hire a DUI lawyer that understands Detroit and Michigan laws?
Firstly, it is imperative to hire an attorney that specializes in DUI law, specific to Detroit. Secondly, it’s vital to have a lawyer that is extremely aggressive. The last thing you need is a lawyer that will not fight ‘tooth and nail’ on your behalf.
Some things to look for when hiring a Detroit DUI lawyer:
- Primarily practices in DUI cases
- Initial consultation should be free
- Spends time with clients for consultation
- Thoroughly investigates every aspect of your case
- Track record is impressive
Some questions to ask:
- Did the police officer have a valid reason for stopping your vehicle?
- Did the police officer carry out a sobriety test?
- Was the sobriety test carried out legally?
- Was your blood test over the legal limit?
DUI in Detroit or Michigan is considered a serious criminal offense, one that can change your life forever if you don’t have the proper legal representation. Getting the best Detroit DUI lawyer to handle your case should be your number one priority.