Drunk Driving – Astounding Facts and Statistics
Drunk driving is a plague in our society. There is no doubt that alcohol is the most controversial product in terms of age, health, laws and cause of accidents. According to the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, last year over 30% of car accidents were due to drunk driving. Most of these drivers who put themselves above the rest end up getting a DUI and spend their next 5 to 10 years in jail.
If you need a professional and experienced DUI attorney, do not hesitate to contact our Detroit Criminal Lawyer. Call us at (877) 657-4124 or ask for a free evaluation at http://detroitcriminallawyer.org/. Regardless of your age, you need to be aware of the negative consequences of drunk driving. Check out the following astounding facts and statistics and make sure you never drink again before hitting the road.
Over 109 million Americans (49% of those aged 12 or older) drink alcohol on a regular basis.
- The effect of alcohol can greatly decrease by not drinking more than one beer per hour.
- Moderate consumption of alcohol will not make you gain weight.
- Over 65 hospitals in the US have declared that they offer alcohol beverages to their patients.
- Moderate consumption of alcohol is seldom associated with enhanced cognitive functions.
- High protein foods such as cheese, peanuts, peanut butter, ham or red meat help slow the absorption of alcoholic beverages into the body.
- On average, a driver in the US will drive 80 times being drunk before being arrested the first time.
- Every 53 minutes, a person is killed in the US due to drunk drivers. That equals with 27 people on a daily basis.
- Almost 75% of those who were accused of DUI and had their driving licenses revoked continued to drive illegally.
- Kids and teens who are accustomed or addicted to alcohol from a young age are almost 8 times more likely to be involved in drunk driving crashes.
While alcohol is a must at a party, wedding or celebration, you must never overuse it. Moreover, when you are drunk try to stay away from driving a car. Ask a good friend to drive in your place or rent a room at a hotel nearby. However, in case all of this is too late for you and you were accused of DUI, you need a professional, affordable, aggressive and experienced criminal defense lawyer. If you live in Detroit, Michigan, do not to hesitate to contact us and leverage the top-quality service offered by one of the best DUI attorneys in the state of Michigan.